Philosykos Eau de Parfum by Diptyque

Fig Tree Leaves, Wood, White Cedar.

No longer having my EDT sample of Philosykos handy, I'm at a loss to do a side by side comparison. Personally, I found nothing wrong with the EDT rendition as some seem to. The sillage and longevity were fine by me, but I'm never going to argue about anyone releasing a perfume strength version. I recall mentioning the EDT had subtle properties, but it was still substantial enough to be a winner.

Enter the Eau de Parfum. The old cliche of "richer" and a bit "deeper" seems to hold water as I wear this for the 3rd time. There's a sap quality inherent in this rendition that underlies the entire composition. You can experience it from the initial application and it seems to be a foundation that bolsters the green, fig and leaf aspects of Philosykos. It suggests a stickiness as opposed to milkiness, but I suppose that's up for debate depending upon who is wearing it.

I genuinely experience more leafy green than I do fig, but it's extremely satisfying and well executed. This is a young and tender leaf that contributes a vibrancy to the composition. Like the EDT version, Philosykos EDP is a linear wear and with the exception of the opening settling down, there's no legitimate transitions to speak of. Some will find this aspect "consistent", while others may be slightly annoyed. The "Wood" and "Cedar" implementations are in keeping with maintaining the flow of leaf and fig. They're utilized like a soft and steady baritone. Never loud or exceeding the star players, they compliment the theme quite nicely.

From what I can recall, the EDT was somewhat brighter than the Eau de Parfum. It was never shrill and I thought it a very nice wear. This version is just as good, if not superior, in that the palpable leaf and green qualities are tangible.

I don't recommend getting rid of your EDT version and replacing it with this one. I like them both, but if I was ready to purchase Philosykos because I didn't own either, I would opt for the EDP. Sillage is very acceptable and longevity is 6 hours plus on my skin. Thumbs up ( again ) for Diptyque's Philosykos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited