A Taste of Heaven - by Killian

Tarnished Halo's







Heaven ... so many things to so many different people. My idea of 'heaven' is drowning in a vat of my favorite fragrance :) (amongst other things) ... but I'm pretty sure that vat won't be containing this by Killian offering.



Far from not being a good fragrance, A Taste of Heaven is actually a very lively take on the somewhat dated combination of Vanilla and Lavender. Notable contemporaries could well be Pour Un Homme de Caron and Chanel's Pour Monsieur, however the Killian is less like an ancient librarian glaring mole-like from behind horn rimmed spectacles enjoining one to silence, than it is like a young and trendy version of the same type of person. This is probably due to an unfortunately short lived shot of Absinthe in the top ... something I would have enjoyed staying around a little longer. The Lavender here is sparkling. I can't, however, help but be reminded of giving Grandma the eponymous range of Woolworths bath products for Christmas. Said package is usually well spotted by it's sillage :). 

All too soon the Vanilla here takes over, rendering this fragrance a little linear for my taste, but ultimately great for the purposes of a comfort scent. This particular 'taste of heaven' reminds me of the caricatures of famous Raphael cupids, cigarettes in hand and tarnished halo's impishly awry ... don't ask me why ... simply an image that popped into my head :).

I'm never going to own a bottle of this, but if one is after a modern take on this (relatively) timeless classic combination, one could do way worse than springing for a bottle of by Killian's A Taste of Heaven.

Rating: 6/10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited