Onyx Pearl by Agonist

Oriental Flowers, Arabian Oud, Leather, Heliotrope, Indian Amber, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Cedarwood, White Musk.

The first thing I noticed upon applying Onyx Pearl is the Rouge quality I experience. I'm reminded ( somewhat ) of Pascal Morabito's  Avec Amour ( Passion Mediterranee). That was a release I didn't care for initially, but was one that eventually grew on me.

Arabian Oud you say? Well, I for one don't experience oud in any fashion, but others may fare better. What transpires on my skin is a leathery wood with accents of spice and balsam. The red aspect is rather nice and leans more masculine than you might expect. The floral components are muddled on my skin, but they are successful in adding volume to a full and straightforward accord.

The leather implemented here is of the supple variety. Its texture is creamy, but I know that isn't normally associated with leather. I suppose it exemplifies suede more than conventional leather and it's also accented nicely by a continual and sensual earthiness.

There's not much in the way of transitions on me other than the natural lowering of intensity accomplished by time itself. That, however, doesn't negate the positive attributes of Onyx Pearl. The totality of this scent is a full bodied affair consisting of hazy florals, leathery wood and earth tones shrouded in a reddish mist.

Do I love Onyx Pearl? No, I do not, but I like and respect it. This is for occasions when one desires to have their scent noticed. I find nothing inconspicuous or wispy about it. Sillage is good and longevity is 6 hours plus on my skin. Once again, price point is a deciding factor with this house, so a sample wear is highly recommended. A neutral rating from Aromi for Onyx Pearl by Agonist.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited