Thierry Mugler A Travers le Miroir




... for now we see through a glass, darkly ...




I'm thrilled to have had the opportunity of trying this but it's SO not what I was expecting!

I think that I have mentioned elsewhere that I am MAD for Tuberose. Indeed, when asked recently by a fragrance community buddy "how many Tuberose's do you need?", my answer was simply " all of them!".
My testing of this has now been on for an hour or so, the last 50 minutes of which I have been raising the back of my right hand to my nose repeatedly and drawing an absolute blank as to what to say about it. 






I suddenly realized that ' a travers le miroir ' means 'through the mirror' ... and it dawned on me like waves breaking on the shore! What I'm smelling is the reverse of what it actually is!! I have no idea how Alexis Dadier managed this, but imho it's a marvel of chemistry. In most Tuberose frags I have tried, this note announces itself loudly in a creamy, buttery way ... awash with heady perfume ... and then slowly reduces to indole. In Miroir, this process is reversed with the indole appearing first and then gaining in power and brightness. Truly astonishing!! The honey here is but a vehicle ... lubricating the passage of the Tuberose from another dimension. What did Alice really see when she looked through the glass?


As a Tuberose heavy fragrance this one is nothing much to write home about. As a concept, however, it's completely brilliant!


Rating: 7.5/10



Comments

  1. I could never understand why the "mirrors" collection isn't available in the U.S. I'm very curious to try most of them but since tuberouse isn't my flower, I don't think I'll like this one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited