Salvatore Ferragamo Platinum pour Homme

My best guess as to the accords are as follows :

Cyclamen, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Ginger.
Cardamom, Geranium, Pepper, Cedar, Orris Root.
Sandalwood, Vetiver, Musk.

I apologize for having to guess at the listed notes. I can find no info on this "Platinum" version of Ferragamo, yet it's exactly what it states on the NIB 50ml. I picked up recently. It's not closely related to the original Ferragamo pour Homme, so it's an entity all its own, yet with no forthcoming information about year of release or ingredients. Let's just call it the Mystery Bargain Bin Ferragamo for Men. I know it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, but it is what it is............

The opening is rather enjoyable in spite of it possessing that chemical vibe I associate with more current creations. Since I don't know when this was actually released, it may have been on the cutting edge of construction and aroma. In any event, I like it enough to employ this fragrance as a work frag and call it good.

The opening of Platinum is a slightly spicy citric accord that seems to be underpinned by a herbal-marine quality. It smells like a rendition of Grapefruit and Cyclamen with some pepper and ginger. I could be remiss, but it's good in spite of being slightly odd. There's also a subtle aromatic quality with hints of balsam that may or may not be Cardamom. All these aspects come alive on my skin for the entire top and heart accords. After 20 minutes or so, earth and woods with musk emerge in a rather effortless transition. The overall aroma is contemporary regardless of when this was introduced to the public.

Sillage is intelligent with longevity approximately 5 hours on me. Thumbs up from Aromi for Ferragamo's Platinum pour Homme. As always, a strong recommendation to sample before purchase is advised.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited