Guess Man by Coty

Bergamot, White Pepper, Ginger, Lavender, Nutmeg, Egyptian Sandalwood, Amber, Peru Balsam, Leather, Musk, Blue Fir.

These days, I don't use the term very disappointing that often. I try and find something redeeming about what it is I'm reviewing. This 2006 release by Coty however, is making it impossible to do so. One hears the terms generic, synthetic, etc......probably more often than one should, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like one..........well than, I'm quite certain it's a freakin duck. Between the overall aroma and factoring in sillage and longevity, Guess Man is .......well you guessed it......not up to snuff for this here enthusiast.

This fragrance reminds me of trying to swim upstream. Guess Man is constructed to fail on my skin. The totality is a chemical quality and what constitutes that is lackluster blending. Nothing jumps out at you or stands apart, but perhaps Coty wanted to keep us "guessing" on what the hell is actually in this brew.

Nevertheless, it's no crime ( that I know of ) to be boring or uninspired. The only enjoyable part of my wearings were the first 3 minutes or so. Guess Man showed signs of life and just when I thought there might be some potential here, it transitions into the purgatory that is the remainder of its rather short life.

I won't bother with my usual description of notes and movements. It matters not in this case. I'm quite sure there are some who enjoy scents constructed in a similar fashion. I am not one however and the absolute best rating I can muster is a fat assed neutral for not smelling offensive. Sillage and longevity are anemic and a strong recommendation to try before you buy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited