Pure Nautica

Bergamot, Mandarin, Sea Notes.

Different sites list different accords for this particular release. I saw no reason to split hairs about which one I thought was more correct. To me, this fragrance just doesn't warrant that type of effort on my part. Pure Nautica was released only a few years ago and is currently available in your neighborhood bargain bins for good reason. It's no crime for anyone to create and release a mundane scent. I simply don't understand the upside in their doing so.

With that said, Pure Nautica is guilty of underwhelming more than anything else. I own and wear others that are just as simple and linear, but they have some degree of personality in their composition. Pure Nautica is akin to a dry piece of toast.....( well, maybe a damp piece.....) due to the marine note.

It goes on with a rather sheer citrus-musk aspect that's not half bad. Within 5 minutes, the clarity of that opening is gone and replaced with a woody-marine-musk. I perceive it as cedar, although some may argue differently. In any event, the result affords me the meh-factor and I truly have others as simple that I would choose to wear over this. I suppose we like what we like and that's that.

Sillage is moderate and longevity is approximately 3 hours before dissipating into a skin scent. A Neutral rating from Aromi and a strong recommendation to sample before purchase.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited