23 by Michael Jordan

Watermelon, Grapefruit, Fig, Geranium, Black Currant, Magnolia, Musk.

I own 23 by Jordan and having already liked 2 other Jordan releases enough to purchase them, I bought this one blind. Had I smelled it beforehand, I would have refrained from pulling out the wallet.

23 isn't a bad fragrance, it simply isn't in my wheelhouse. I own enough masculines that exude a citric-herbaceous quality. If 23 proved to one-up any of them, I'd be satisfied, but sadly it fails to grab ( or keep ) my attention. I find both sillage and longevity seriously lacking in this one.

Now, the presence and lasting power deficiency doesn't necessitate a deal breaker for me if I happen to love what I smell. Mr. Bill Blass is a good example of this. Jordan's 23 smells good, but not great, so "liking" a short lived scent simply isn't good enough for this customer.

With my complaints aired, I'd be remiss in not stating this smells pretty good. 23 is structured to be a linear scent and it doesn't disappoint in this area. The aroma is the same from start to finish with the volume lowering over the course of the wearing. Perhaps this would be fitting for some fragrance lovers who have occasion to wear a low-throw scent that doesn't last but a few hours. It does smell pleasant after all and it is cost effective for sure.

Jordan's 23 opens fully developed and possesses no surprises. Sillage is what it is and longevity is approximately 2 hours on my skin. Neutral rating from Aromi for "23" with a strong recommendation to sample before purchasing if possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited