Mont Blanc Individuel

Bergamot, Pineapple, Juniper Berries, Cinnamon, Rosemary, Peppermint, Cardamom, Coriander, Lavender.

Geranium, Orange Blossom, Jasmine, Violet.

Patchouli. Oakmoss, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Raspberry, Chocolate, Vanilla, Amber, Musk.

An impressive list of notes for this 2003 creation by Pierre Bourdon. Like numerous others, I picked this up discounted at the local TJ earlier this year.

Is it really as good as it's hyped up to be on certain fragrance sites? I think that's contingent upon just how many fragrances a person has been exposed to over the years. Individuel has been compared to Joop and a few other designers .......and while the comparisons may have some merit, I choose to let Individuel stand or fall on its own.

The first few minutes are dedicated to numerous notes vying for attention. Don't think that it's a jumbled mess, because together they smell very nice. Hints of citrus, herbs, spices and woods launch out of the bottle, reigned in by an intelligent volume unlike some of the original designers it's been compared to. It's this tuning of presence that highlights Mont Blanc's Individuel. Volume and throw are contemporary and in spite of my being a vintage owner-wearer, I actually prefer some semblance of civility. The transitions, on me at least, lean more toward volume dissipation than accord movements.

Individuel is underpinned with a subtle gourmand quality, yet never reveals an edible aspect on me. This is a full bodied scent that respects boundaries. I don't find it a terrific scent like some, but I own it, wear it and like it. There's something to be said for fragrances that smell modern, pleasant, unoffensive and possess versatility. The price point is another plus and while I've purchased others as good or better for less, that's neither here nor there. I believe I paid $20 for a 50ml. bottle NIB and it's assuredly worth it.

Once again, I have to buck the trend and state that I truly don't get the exaggerated longevity or sillage others have boasted of. That aside, Sillage is actually perfect on my skin with longevity approximately 5 hours. Thumbs up from Aromi for Mont Blanc's Individuel. As always, a sample wear is highly recommended before purchase.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited