Chloe EDT by Coty

Mandarin, Melon, Freesia, Rose, Sandalwood, Iris.

The Eau de Toilette release of Chloe is one of a few variations on the same theme. I haven't experienced the others, but do have a bottle of the EDT we are discussing. Naturally, Mrs. Aromi detests it, so it only stands to reason that I'll think it has merit. Most of the time, this "theory" holds water and once again, it proves itself to be correct. Chloe EDT is one of those fresh, yet polarizing fragrances that people either enjoy or find unwearable. That quality is usually reserved for fragrances that aren't of the "fresh" variety, yet I can see why some just can't like this scent.

Chloe EDT opens airy, bracing but refreshing. The green quality is evident immediately and Chloe keeps this theme throughout the accords. I notice a subtle scratchiness inherent here, but that just could be the manner in which I process the notes as they bloom. It doesn't stop me from liking Chloe, although it is mildly distracting.

The tuning of floral notes relegates Rose to be an accent and I find it works well with the Freesia. The suggestion of woods is here, but on my skin, it's more an earthy element augmented by soft, violet tones. Chloe displays a stem-like quality along with an uncomplicated array of floral aromas that remains moist. It's fresh, pleasant and surprisingly long lasting. I can't bring myself to love Chloe EDT, but I do like and respect it. Sillage is appropriate with longevity approximately 5 hours on my skin. A Positive- Neutral rating from Aromi for Chloe Eau de Toilette with a strong recommendation to sample before pulling the trigger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited