CK one Shock for Him by Calvin Klein

Clementine, Cucumber, Lavender.
Cardamom, Basil, Pepper.
Ambrene, Cashmeran, Patchouli, Tobacco, Musk.

I first tried CK One Shock for Men from a tester at a local clothing retailer. I was purchasing a leather blazer and a few other things for work and this was sitting on the counter by the register. Other than CK One, not much from the house of Klein has inspired me to buy. I blasted 2 healthy sprays on the back of my hand as I waited for my receipt. I remember thinking what a strange, sweet but oddly compelling scent it was.

On my way home, I continued to smell the hand I sprayed it on. It reminded me of an effervescent drink spilled on a cloth that someone had already blown cigarette smoke through. Strange? You betcha.

Within 10 minutes, Shock for Men settled down from its spirited introduction to a heart consisting of sweetened, spicy tobacco with balsamic accents. This is the soul of Shock for Him and although it transitions slightly from here, its identity is in the heart. The sweet quality morphs from "candied" to the more sensual tones of labdanum augmented by subtle musk and earth.

Before I sprayed it on at the store, I just knew I'd hate it. The bottle and name dictated that I'd hate it. The aesthetics reminded me of something marketed to teenyboppers.......and naturally, I'd hate it. I knew......I knew......I knew........and all the while, I kept sniffing my hand.

I was still sniffing when I reached into my back pocket as I drove back to the store and paid for the ugly ass bottle and teenybopper fragrance that I knew I'd hate. Even Mrs. Aromi agreed that it was a displeasing looking bottle.......and we rarely agree on anything fragrance related.

Sillage is mushroom-like for 5 minutes, then dissipates to average throw. Longevity is approximately 4 to 5 hours on me. Thumbs up from Aromi for Calvin Klein's Shock for Him with the warning that this is an assuredly love-it or hate-it scent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited