Ehsas by Arabian Oud

Rose, Lime, Amber, Cedar.

Ehsas is another, tempered release from Arabian Oud. The Lime and Cedar combination that greets you upon application is reminiscent of a handful of others that use this direction. The "Lime" never smells like Lime to me. Whatever that note actually is changes the complexion of the wood notes. In this case, it's Cedar along with Amber.

Perhaps others experience Lime? I never do, but it certainly influences the other players in the accords. It's all good however, since the wearer is either going to like the tuning or not. If a perfumer decided to call an ingredient "skunkataneous combustus" and it performed like a well implemented rendition of civet, would it matter?

The Cedar seems to be the major player on my skin as I wear Ehsas. This is especially so once the wearings develop. It's a slightly sharp version, but interesting and enjoyable. The first few minutes leads me to believe that rose will manifest and assert itself into the composition, yet this note takes a back seat to woods. It's never far, but is relegated as an accent.

The base and drydown of Ehsas is still all about woods. Amber lends some earth and resins and works rather well with the still-going Cedar. All in all, Ehsas is a nice woody with floral and zesty nuances. I would have no problem wearing this in cool to cold temperatures. This "feels" like a few others that didn't work on me in the heat, but I could be remiss since I've only worn it in the winter. Sillage is average, but full and longevity is approximately 5-6 hours on my skin. Naturally, the skin scent stage adds to that. A Positive-Neutral rating from Aromi for Ehsas by Arabian Oud. I like it, but don't love it. You might however, so a sample wear is an intelligent choice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited