Tattoo for Him by Michael Germain

Clementine, Sage, Genevieve, White Pepper, White Thyme, Amber, Orris, Blonde Pipe Tobacco.

I own only one other Germain fragrance, Deauville pour Homme. I reviewed it 4 years ago or so and wasn't that impressed. That one is on my list to revisit, but as I wear Tattoo, I'm experiencing a house similarity that pertains to whatever platform this is built on, along with the denseness inherent in both.

Tattoo is yet another tobacco offering, but that's not a bad thing. There's always room for another, as long as it's well done. Even better if you find one as cheap as I found Tattoo. I believe I paid $9.99 for a NIB 100ml.

The bone I have to pick with Tattoo for Him is that musky, base foundation that is also in Deauville. The theme that seems to be threaded throughout numerous offerings from Germain is sexual or sensual. Now, I have no way of knowing if his other releases share this house "muskiness" since I haven't tried them. In the two I own, it's a tad redundant, but not enough to dissuade me from wearing Tattoo. Deauville, on the other hand, disappointed me years ago because of it. I recall it being overtly "thick", but that is not the case in Tattoo. It is evident, but tuned evenly enough to accent instead of overtaking the accords.

The opening of Tattoo is a blended affair of spice, herbaceousness and tabac. The floral component is muddied, but it's not a drawback. There's the suggestion of woods here as well and it merges within a few minutes after application. The tobacco, spice and musky quality is rather appealing and I could see Tattoo being an intelligent choice for cool to cold temperatures. I personally would avoid this one in the heat, but that's just me. This genre has a tendency to go "B.O." on my skin during the summer months.

Sillage is acceptable with longevity approximately 4 hours on me before I'd reapply. Tattoo wears linear on my skin and I'd be remiss if I didn't say I have better spicy tobacco masculines in my wardrobe regardless of price point. A positive neutral rating from Aromi for Michel Germain's Tattoo for Him and a strong recommendation to sample first.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited