Brooks Brothers New York for Women

Orange Blossom, Bergamot, Pear Blossom, Tuberose, Hyacinth, Jasmine, Orris Root, Musk, Rosewood, Wood Notes.

Here we have a surprisingly pleasant feminine scent that escaped me until I stumbled across it at my local TJMAXX. I blind-bought the 10ml NIB women's version of New York for a whopping $2.99. I figured it would disappoint, not so much due to price point, but because I've never HEARD of it. After all, how good could it be, right? It stands to reason that SOMEONE would have given a shout about this fresh, woody floral. Perhaps they did and I just wasn't listening. I also could have been preoccupied pondering why most car salesmen are on the road to perdition.  Hell, I could have been wearing this and enjoying myself and to hell with car dealerships.

Having worn, owned and liked the men's version, New York for Women doesn't disappoint. One note I get that's not listed is Freesia. I have a soft spot for that note in most any composition, so once again, I find myself enjoying it. It's merged with a fruity blossom that, to some, may lean a bit sweet. The floral array in New York is tuned in such a fashion as to avoid becoming over-the-top. Overtly sweet and loud could have easily been accomplished, but gratefully this has been side stepped with intelligent blending.

The essence of New York is citric-fruit accented with lucid floral notes. Naturally, this genre is going to be inherently feminine and fragrantly aromatic. It isn't pushy however, nor is it impolite or boisterous. What it really is embodies the qualities of being fresh, vibrant, transparently feminine and pleasant. Just go a little easy on the trigger and you'll smell like someone I want to be next to.

Now, do I think New York for Women is a hidden treasure and criminally overlooked? Nope, but I do think it's about time someone mentioned that it's a worthy feminine and would make an excellent choice for spring and summer. I've enjoyed my wearings and wish I could pull it off, but alas, it can't be considered "shared".

I have to say that 2013 has been rather fortunate for me where fragrances are concerned. With the exception of some recent losers I'd rather not mention again. I have purchased numerous, but economical masculines-feminines and the majority have been winners to some degree. I can count New York for Women among the enjoyable ones and there's still a little time left before years end.

Sillage is good with longevity approximately 4 hours or better. Thumbs up from Aromi for Brooks Brothers New York for Women and as always, a sample wear is recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited