Blue North Pour Homme by Michael Germain

Bergamot, Verbena, Coriander, Sage, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Saffron, Sandalwood, Cedar, Amber, Musk.

The few reviews found on this particular release ( and I mean a FEW) didn't exactly inspire me to try this. What propelled me to purchase it was the whopping $7 NIB price tag for a 100ml. bottle. I own a few other Germain releases, and while not "go to" fragrances, they have relevance; especially for their price point. My initial reaction to applying Blue North PH was that it reminded me of the ever expanding Nautica line. I could hit you over the head with the worn out terms of "Innocuous and Generic". I'll refrain, in spite of them being appropriate.

On the flip side of "Uninspiring" and even longevity-deficient, I actually enjoy the aroma of Blue North PH. Yes, the blending of notes is muddied, but I do experience ambiguous renditions of lemon-orange in the top. Also present is what I perceive as woods, subtle fruit and a low key aromatic quality in the first few minutes.

The heart and base seem to be one and the same. Once the opening dissipates, a contemporary and inoffensive woody musk digs in and has no intention on vacating the premises. There's a herbal element attached to this accord that accents the outro of this fragrance. All in all, not bad for the peanuts I paid for it and I also can't imagine this scent being inappropriate for any venue.

Sillage is very moderate with longevity approximately 2 hours on me before needing reapplication. Neutral rating from Aromi for Michel Germain's Blue North Pour Homme and as always, a sample wear is highly recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited