Leonard Pour Homme ( Revised )

Bergamot, Basil, Lavender, Marjoram, Petitgrain, Thyme.
Artemesia, Carrot, Cedar, Carnation, Cinnamon, Jasmine, Iris, Patchouli, Vetiver.
Amber, Castoreum, Leather, Labdanum, Oakmoss, Musk.

So, you think you like dark and serious masculine scents? Have you tried Leonard pour Homme? If your answer is no, keep reading please and you may decide to either keep on going or snag yourself a sample of this soon.

Leonard PH is a somber wear on my skin. It's classically constructed, to a fault, with a rather obvious nod to the late 1970's and early 80's. I'm 57 years old and while this may have been released in my prime, I have always found it a bit stodgy. Now, this doesn't mean that Leonard PH isn't good or well made because it is. It simply boils down to a matter of taste and preference.

I first reviewed this in Nov 2009 and decided to revise my opinion simply because my original review was not to my liking. My opinion remains the same however and Leonard still falls into the cracks for me. I can muster no love, yet recognize a well made leather when I come across one.

Brooding may be too strong a word to describe the totality of wearing this fragrance, but every time I do decide to don Leonard, I experience nothing uplifting at all. I need it to crack a smile, wink at me or just relax a bit, yet Leonard reminds me of a British Royal Guard. It's simply there with its pomp and circumstance, refusing to move, twitch or wrinkle a brow. Its presence is certainly felt and he has some muscle for sure, but I suppose I prefer my might with a dash of suppleness. It's safe to say I respect Leonard, yet decline his company more often than not. It all boils down to any fragrance hitting your comfort zone or at least coming close to it.

The heart accord is where the power is and it's this that enjoys preeminence on me. The spicy citrus in the opening simply accents an immediately evident middle accord.  Leather, Carnation, Earth and Herbal tones with a hint of powder are what come to fruition every time I wear Leonard. This is chock full of so many dominant personalities that it feels a bit bogged down. The result ( on me ) is a linearity instead of movement.

I always thought ( and still do ) that the color of the bottle perfectly represents the fragrance. If you're prone to enjoy boardroom type leather scents that mingle well with cigar smoke, by all means give this is a go. Sillage is good with longevity approximately 4 hours on me, with a few more as a personal space scent. Neutral rating from Aromi for this well known and respected powerhouse masculine. As always, a sample wear is highly recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited