Missoni by Missoni Eau de Toilette

Aldehydes, Bergamot, Cassia, Hiacynth, Raspberry.
Geranium, Iris, Jasmine, Rose, Ylang-Ylang.
Amber, Civet, Honey, Oakmoss, Patchouli, Styrax.

I recently purchased a vintage 4.2 oz. bottle with box from a very good seller on the bay. I have no problem giving auction sellers props here because the bad or indifferent ones (unfortunately) are the majority. The good ones leave an impression with me, so I will put out the name of jessiecat as I have with Henry Ong who sells under mrscentman.

What can I say then about this 1982 release? I suppose the first fact I can put out there is that the fragrance is completely intact and was well stored. The 2nd thing I noticed after application was that it isn't what I would deem a feminine powerhouse, yet it's substantial due to its full bodied nature. Another tidbit I'll throw out there is that Missoni wears like a contemporary shared scent and doesn't lean feminine like one would expect.

Glancing at the listed notes above could have opened numerous doors for Missoni to stroll through. Depending upon how the parfumeur decided to balance the ingredients, this had many possibilities. I had anticipated an animalic floral, but that's simply not the case. There is a sensual quality here, but it's an accent if anything on my skin. Had this been tuned for a masculine release in 82, rest assured the Civet and Honey would have been amped up and aggressive.

Instead, the wearer is graced with a nicely blended array of floral components that either gender could pull off. This fragrance is centered with what feels like each prominent note playing off the other. If there is a "dominant" note on me, it would be Jasmine, yet it barely stays a step ahead of the soft balsam, spice, wood and powder qualities that are in the mix. This wears very nice and has good manners to boot. The little brochure ( circa 1981 ) that was included from Ottavio and Rosita Missoni informs the owner that their forte is implementing texture,color and shape into their creations. I can only guess that this was the idea behind Missoni the perfume. At least to me, they didn't miss the mark.

Sillage is moderate unless sprayed heavily, with longevity approximately 5 hours on my skin with a light application. Thumbs up from Aromi for Missoni and as I always try to do, allow me to recommend a sample wear in lieu of purchase.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited