Gap The Lover

Apricot, Mint Leaves, Patchouli.

I've been meaning to snag a bottle of this for a few years now and I finally got around to it. To be exact, I purchased 2 NIB 50ml. on auction because the price was perfect. Lo and behold, when they arrived, both sprayers were damaged and 25% of each bottle had leaked. I own a few Gap Individual fragrances and while they don't have "quality" spray mechanisms, none have this defect. I really wanted to keep one of these unopened, but oh well..........

That frustration aside, I decided to keep them and simply decant what remained into a good sized atomizer and call it good. I did so mainly because The Lover smells nice. This is a fruitchouli that has a little more going on than the 3 listed notes. There's a mild citrus in the opening accord, yet I experience no mint or mentholated quality whatsoever. The first few minutes however reveal a pleasant Bergamot mingled with a "fruit" aspect that I don't recognize as Apricot, but who cares. Whatever it really is, I like it. It plays nicely off the evaporating citrus and oncoming Patchouli. This version of Patch has a mild smoke incorporated into it.

The volume and presence of Gap The Lover is moderate, but the aroma is rather full bodied. It's safe to say that it has substance up close, but lacks serious projection. Personally, I think that's a "plus" in this case and enjoy the manner in which it performs. It's simplistic, pleasant and has a rendition of patchouli that's on the mild side with a very subtle smoke and all the while, leaning a bit sweet. For me, what's not to like?

Now, great it's not. It does have quality though and with its price point ( if you're patient ), is an intelligent purchase. It's sensual while having the ability to be worn by either gender with no qualms at all. I have been enjoying it more than I thought I would. I also find it to be a good, close quarter scent with enough versatility to succeed in numerous situations, from personal, social to economic. Sillage is average with longevity approximately 3 hours on my skin. Thumbs up from Aromi for Gap's The Lover with a strong recommendation to sample before purchase.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited