Passion for Men by Elizabeth Taylor

Bergamot, Lemon, Neroli, Fruit Notes, Orange, Galbanum, Lavender.
Balsam Fir, Carnation, Cinnamon, Cedar, Geranium, Jasmine, Nutmeg, Patchouli, Sandalwood.
Amber, Benzoin, Oakmoss, Musk, Tonka Bean, Vanilla, Vetiver.

In January of 2014, I decided I needed to streamline my wardrobe and seriously downsize my collection. Naturally, I've sold NOT ONE and have accumulated at least 50 more bottles. Sick you say? I'm inclined to agree and my justifications are always price point. I recently picked up Passion for Men NIB 120ml. Cologne Spray and same size After Shave for $7.00 US. I figure even if I hate my purchases, I can always get it back on auction........but that is contingent on me ever listing anything.........

Enter Elizabeth Taylor's Passion for Men. Now, I have no idea how many times this has been reformulated since its 1989 debut. Personally, I now have an interest in comparing them because I actually like this current version. It's also depressing, because I know I'll look for an earlier version of this and I need another fragrance like I need an additional car loan or house payment.

Aesthetically, purple bottles or juice usually insinuate ( to me ) either soapy lavender or a fruity scent. Color association has its drawbacks for sure, yet Passion for Men exhibits some of each on my skin, depending upon the accord transition. The overall presence is lacking a bit, but it's possible that if it were more assertive, it might be too much. This has me wondering how the original may have been tuned and if there really is a noticeable and positive difference. Some reformulations I prefer over the original and Morabito's Or Black is a case in point.

Passion for Men is a surprisingly enjoyable brew. This has elements of Fougere, Chypre and Oriental while remaining polite and dense at the same time. It leans sweet, but not over the top and ends up meandering its way to a comfortable, Oriental finish.

Sillage is moderate with longevity approximately 3 hours on me, with a few more as a close scent. Thumbs up from Aromi for Liz Taylor's Passion for Men. For $7.00, this is a no brainer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited