Salvador by Salvador Dali

Aldehydes, Artemesia, Bergamot, Caraway, Coriander, Green Notes, Pepper, Tarragon.
Carnation, Cinnamon, Jasmine, Rose.
Amber, Cedar, Leather, Musk, Patchouli, Tonka Beans, Oakmoss, Vanilla.

If I didn't know better, I would think that in 1992, a bottle of Chanel, Carven Homme, Ricci Club and vintage Canoe somehow got blended together and the result was Salvador by Dali. Everyone who is familiar with me at all knows I'm a guy who grew up in the 1970's and has experienced the fragrances of those bygone days. Some were excellent, some were horrendous and a good portion fell through the cracks of mediocrity. Salvador emits the vibe of a scent created and then released in the wrong decade.

To be polite, I will say that Salvador is mediocre. I'm not going to lie and state I like it when I don't. I also don't hate it and the scent doesn't warrant vitriol. It simply is what it is. It possesses a somewhat dated theme in its DNA and unfortunately, that gene pool is associated with uninspired and less than stellar quality.

Looking at the accords, I should love this fragrance. It has all the culprits necessary for a kick ass classic, yet wearing it produces no excitement or pleasure for me at all. It's simply "there" and the more I choose to sample it, the more ambivalent I become.

Salvador comes out of the sprayer with promise. It somewhat shimmers around a halo of citrus, stem-like quality and spice. The stem aroma is a combination of notes resulting in a green theme. It's moist as well and holds its ground as carnation segues into the transition. It's here where Salvador has not trained for endurance. Momentum begins to weaken after 5 minutes and loses the steam necessary to showcase the heavier hitters in the heart and base.

For me at least, Salvador unveils a green moss to showcase the base and it's apparently tuned too high for my tastes. It overshadows the other notes that I wanted to experience and as I already mentioned, it's already losing strength. Now, is Salvador cheap, crass or lacking quality? Not to me, but the totality of aroma just isn't what I expected or enjoyable enough for me to heap praise. I grabbed a new 1.7oz. bottle cheap, so I don't feel too badly about it. I'll sell this down the road without ever wearing it again. Neutral rating from Aromi and a sample wear is highly recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited