Club de Nuit Intense Man EDT by Armaf


Apple, Bergamot, Blackcurrant, Pineapple, Lemon, Rose, Birch, Jasmine, Musk, Ambergris, Patchouli, Vanilla.

I have to admit that, after my first application of Club de Nuit Intense man's opening accord, I was liking what I was smelling. I'd be exaggerating if I said I was IMPRESSED, but after all, good is good regardless of who creates it or how much it does or doesn't cost. The initial volley is on the sheer side and evokes a more contemporary feel. The combo of citric-fruit is never overpowering, yet remains front and center for the life of the scent. 

There's a mild "metallic" suggestion here, but that could be just me. It's enjoyable and you may or may not detect that aspect. After all, nothing is more subjective than this hobby and this is simply one mans opinion. I do like the tuning and implementation of citrus, blackcurrant and fruit. The citric accord juxtaposes nicely with the fruit and blackcurrant and somehow manages to carry well into the base accord. Normally, citrus will be long gone by then, but here I can still detect it rather easily. The fruit and subtle, spicy wood elements are obvious, but don't usurp the wearing. Again, I commend the tuning of notes here, in spite of Club de Nuit Intense possessing a linear nature.


After a few hours, what remains on my skin is chemical musk with highlights of lingering fruits and a whisper of citrus. This is one of those fragrances that you can suffer olfactory deception or temporary anosmia. In an hour you're wondering if it's still noticeable because you can't tell. What it does on my skin is stay substantial at close range but doesn't retain any projection. It is noticed by others who come into your personal space long after you've forgotten that you're wearing it because you no longer detect it.

This is a straightforward masculine that is composed in a linear fashion. Naturally, it transitions to the sweet musky base with hints of vanilla and earth tones, but it's a two-fold evolution and goes by basically unnoticed. Sillage is moderate with longevity approximately 5 hours before reapplication. Thumbs up from Aromi for Club de Nuit Intense Man and as always, a sample wear is recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited