Carven Homme

Carven did something special in 1999. They created and released this sleeper. I am very fond of this discontinued gem not only because you can still find it for good prices, but because it's so damn good.

Carven Homme opens with an exceptional accord of citrus, rosewood and lavender. This is a surprisingly robust top and startled me the first time I experienced it. It wasn't because it smells odd or eccentric. It got my attention because it's conventional, yet kicks ass and is on par with some of the best citric woodies I have owned. I love wearing Carven Homme because this fragrance has some serious presence and possesses all the notes I have come to enjoy.

Bergamot, Rosewood, Lavender, Juniper berries, Coriander, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Patchouli, Leather, Tobacco, Benzoin and Incense.

After the opening settles down into a comfortable citrus-lavender-wood, new players begin to slowly insert themselves into the composition. Carven Homme, during most of its duration, has a terrific swirl effect on my skin and succeeds in enveloping me for hours. The spices begin to appear and are tuned to a polite volume. They add an interesting quality to the lavender-wood combo. What is very good indeed is when the tobacco note gradually becomes a reality and that doesn't take but 15 minutes. If Carven Homme stopped right here, it would still be good to go, but it has a few others to come yet.

The drydown takes a substantial amount of time to come to fruition on me. It does this every time I wear it. The top and heart accords are commendable for their longevity and once Carven Homme does finally decide to wane, a subtle, resiny vanilla appears to bring this home.

Talk about bang for your buck. Carven Homme has slipped through the cracks and is now out of production. Do yourself a favor and sample this when you can. One of the better, unknown citric woodies and a huge thumbs up from Aromi.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited