MCM Success

Bergamot, Honey, Rose, Lemon, Orange, Tobacco.
Patchouli, Vetiver, Carnation, Orris, Jasmine, Cedar.
Moss, Vanilla, Amber, Leather, Honey, Benzoin, Musk.

Success. What a living word that is. It's alive and in the now. There's all kinds of success and on different levels, but MCM had a more conventional approach to the word. This is attempting to be the embodiment of money and power. That, in itself, brings a certain level of achievement. As soon as you smell MCM Success, you will know for a certainty that this is what the perfumer had in mind.

As for me, I had to wear this over a period of years to "get it". At first, I was bowled over. I have owned numerous bottles of this and the first one ( that left the biggest impression ) was by far the strongest. Don't ask me why and I still have a small atomizer I saved of it to compare with all the others. Regardless, it took persistence on my part, but I now hold it in regard.

Success opens with an alcoholic blast that quickly morphs into an offbeat citric rose. The honey, that is evident in the entire composition, also is exposed here and it's more gritty and resinous than feral. At least to me, there aren't animalics present. There is, however, testosterone abounding.

Tobacco is next to assimilate. Together with patchouli, vetiver and wood, they raise the decibels of the tobacco note and the effect is masculine, powerful and confident. This really is boardroom and I wonder if The Donald wears this in secret while trolling the El Cheapo bearing his name to the public.

The drydown of Success is everything just explained at a slightly lower volume while turning more and more leathery. I like this fragrance quite a bit, but I cannot see anyone but a mature male donning this. Honey, Tobacco, Leather and Wood accented with edgy florals and earthiness. "Sound like a recipe for Success? I won't stake my reputation on it, but it sure smells like one to me.

Thumbs up from Aromi from the house no one knows about and its C.E.O. of Success.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited