Miel de Bois by Serge Lutens

The house of Luten's has always been hit or miss with me. Unfortunately, there are more misses than keepers and Miel de Bois certainly misses the mark with me.

On my skin, this scent is linear and accomplishes a startling urinous honey and hairspray accord. This is the 2nd Luten's I have worn that had that "hairspray" aura and it's very disconcerting. The feral honey does nothing whatsoever to salvage this rendition.

The listed Gaic, Ebony and Oak piqued my interest as a wood lover, yet they cannot break free of the urinous honey chains and stay in total bondage for the life of the scent. I like honey in quite a few masculines, but this version certainly does not agree with my chemistry or olfactory. The iris is dead-center from the heartnotes onward and I believe it is this note that perpetuates the honey's longevity. Beeswax is also listed and as much as I love it in Antaeus, it does nothing to redeem this. I would not even take a bottle of this expensive fragrance free of charge. I mean that sincerely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited