Diptyque's L'eau

First, allow me to give a shout out and thank you to Marcy at LusciousCargo for her extremely attractive and generous sample package sent to me recently. She was kind enough to include a few extras and L'eau was one of them. I have nothing but good things to say about the service at LusciousCargo. They are what other retailers should aspire to.

Now........back to L'eau. You love clove do you? You may meet your match in L'eau. The Water is clove saturated and inasmuch as this particular note isn't among my favorites, Diptyque has a satisfying way in presenting their creations. They have a knack for taking a group of notes I'm usually indifferent to and somehow making me like it.....even if it's just a little bit of "like".

L'eau is very uncomplicated and straightforward. LS has the listed notes as :  Cinnamon, Clove, Geranium, Sandalwood and Rose.

The clove note has a tendency to usurp everything in its path. I speak for myself when I say this. Others may have a more peripheral sense of smell. My olfactory seems to zero in on notes such as  Clove, Oud or Musk. That aside, L'eau is an enjoyable interpretation of this scene stealer. In reviews and on Luckyscent desription, the candy Red Hots is mentioned and those remarks are pretty accurate. I grew up, like numerous others, being familiar with Red Hots and the cinnamon that is its hallmark. It will get your attention eating those and L'eau is true to that premise as well. You cannot wear this fragrance without taking notice.

I would have loved it if the rose note became much more prominent. I love a spicy rose, however in L'eau it is satisfied to remain a bit player. This is one of the problems I find being a critic of sorts. Even though this release is very good, I always have a way of making it better. I'm still not sure if this quality is an asset or not. Perhaps we are all like this on different levels.

L'eau is best accepted as is I suppose. It never becomes woody or floral for that matter. The drydown affords wispy notions of these notes, but the gist of L'eau is the spicy clove and till death do you part. Okay, that's an exaggeration but until the extended drydown transpires, this is the fragrance in a nutshell.

My recommendation is try b-4-u-buy. I give it a thumbs up since it really is a terrific rendition of clove and cinnamon. I have alot of "like" for it, but love is out of the equation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited