Eau Duelle by Diptyque

Eau Duelle is possibly the first Diptyque I've experienced that has average sillage. Normally, whatever I try from this house has me encapsulated in a cloud of aroma for hours. Not so with Eau Duelle, but that's not really a negative here.

Personally, if this particular scent had massive projection, I'd be turned off because there's no doubt it would be cloying. I believe Diptyque tuned this fragrance correctly. The vanilla renditions in it are very pleasant and offer just enough spice to make it an interesting wear. It's not overtly sweet, but sweet enough for my tastes.

LS lists the notes as : Cardamom, Asian Cypress, Elemi, Juniper, Saffron, Calamus, Black Tea, Black African Olibanum, Amber, Firnat Vanilla, Bourbon Vanilla and White Musk.

Eau Duelle opens on me as a slightly aromatic woody. The Cardamom and Calamus give off a very approachable spicy wood with the Olibanum perpetuating this accord for a good length of time. The saffron note doesn't get realized on my skin. It may be that the spicy aspects of Eau Duelle have cloaked a subtle saffron rendition and I cannot recognize it as such. It's okay though as this accord is fine just the way it is.

The vanillas have been rearing their heads from the first few minutes. Others have mentioned a boozy van-amber accord, but I get a conventional vanilla that's jazzed up a bit from the spice. I expected a boozier aura since bourbon is listed, but to no avail. Once again, it really doesn't matter since what has transpired is g2g. This is a spicy woodiental with very average projection, yet lasts hours on end as a close scent.

Eau Duelle is a very good fragrance that would suit either gender just fine. If you have a proclivity for wood and vanilla, you really should give this a test drive. Thumbs up from Aromi for Diptyque's Dual Water.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited