Odori Cuoio

I fully expected Cuoio by Odori to be a leather dominant fragrance. Once again my assumptions proved slightly off base.

Now, this is not to say I am disappointed. Oh no my friends. Cuoio opens with a big, bad orange being held up by a surging, leathery patchouli note. It's almost reminiscent of something Versace would have come up with in the mid 1980's. I'm reminded of vintage L'Homme but with less treble on the orange rendition. Cuoio's orange has midrange to it.......and it's very good.

LS has the listed notes as : Calabrian Bergamot, Florida Orange, Comores Ylang Ylang, Tuscany Honey, Haitian Vetiver, Chinese Ginger, Oriental Amber, Siberian Birch and Indonesian Patchouli.

The opening accord stays put on my skin for a lengthy period and the only change is that it naturally softens. Twenty minutes in and I can still smell orange and leathery patch. The ginger has been ever so slowly creeping into the composition and so has the vetiver. These two transition Cuoio, but the shift almost goes by unnoticed. They meld perfectly with the opening notes.

The honey seems to be too low register for me to acknowledge. Even in the drydown it seems to escape me. The amber plays a small role on me in the extended drydown and acts as an outro. The gist of Cuoio is a very interesting orange rendition bolstered by a leathery patchouli duo. The ginger and vetiver augment passively and they seem ( to me anyway ) to be deftly used.

Sillage and longevity is very acceptable. If you think you'd like a citric leather-patch scent, you must try Odori's Cuoio. Very nice and a thumbs up from Aromi.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited