Tamboti Wood by Susanne Lang

Tamboti Wood is an Eau de Parfum by Susanne Lang that I'm happy to finally sample wear. Wood dominant scents are high on my must-try list, but unfortunately life happens and I never seem to get around to them when I want to.

This particular woody is sheer and on the passive side. It still is noticeable, but has a soft voice. Tamboti Wood is very simplistic in its design and consists of Tamboti, cedarwood, sandalwood and vetiver. It smells as streamlined as it looks.

On me, this fragrance has a semi-aquatic vibe with an immediate contribution from cedar. The aroma borders on a musky wood and it doesn't take long for the sandalwoods to make their presence known. The sandal accord has a hint of sweetness to it, but isn't of the creamy variety.

The volume is very low for an Eau de Parfum, but as a skin scent, it seems to last a respectable amount of time. It literally shares some traits with Zara Sandalo ( which I happen to own and like ). There's no comparison in price point however. Tamboti is $50 per ounce while the Zara is something like $1.89 a gallon.

This is a nice fragrance in spite of being able to obtain similar for less. I'm quite sure it would layer well since my Zara and others like it all layer very effectively with my more floral fragrances. I recommend a sample before buying, but still give Tamboti Wood a thumbs up.

Comments

  1. Where can you buy Zara Sandalo? I've been meaning to try it for some time, ever since I first heard you mention it. I've looked online at the usual suspects with no luck. By the way, I think Suzanne Lang scents are all quite good, perhaps not extraordinary, but they all smell wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carrie. I have no clue ( online ) since I think it's dc'ed and there's no Zara stores where I live. I picked up a bottle a few years ago from a basenoter.

    I can send you an atomizer if you like. Just give me a holler.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited