Boss Bottled by Hugo Boss

Bergamot, Lemon Apple, Plum, Citrus, Geranium, Moss.
Carnation, Cinnamon, Redwood.
Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Vetiver, Olive Cream.

Also known as Boss #6, Boss Bottled ( circa 1998 ) is a very easy wear that leans ordinary. It also happens to be pleasant, so to me, that evens the score somewhat. It's a rare occurrence when I try something that I end up liking........and Mrs. Aromi likes it too.

The soul of Boss Bottled is the interplay between spicy apple, intermittent geranium and carnation with vanilla underneath it all. Naturally, there's a bit more to #6 than that, but this is the gist on me and I find it agreeable. It's only slightly synthetic and its versatility outweighs any shortcomings it may possess.

To be truthful, the apple note performs more like a generic "fruit note", but that's splitting hairs. I've come across this rendition before in the likes of Aigner's Statement and Private Number. It's nice enough and that's what's important.

The cinnamon works well on my skin. It's tuned intelligently and doesn't overstep its boundaries. It is blended with the fruit accord and the pairing is harmonious. I've come across opinions complaining that Boss Bottled is too sweet overall, but I have to disagree. I think they got the blending correct and #6 may possibly be the best from this house.

The woodiness in Boss Bottled is another example of "ordinary", yet pleasant and easily wearable. People in general seem to find this house bland and a study in under achievement. You'll also hear about their heavy handed use of synthetics. I cannot claim to know much about that, but I do know that each fragrance is unique and should be judged on its own merits.

Boss #6 won't win any awards. It's not incendiary or provoking. It is however a nice designer scent that I find rather versatile. The vanilla in the base and drydown is a nice version of the note and very comfortable. Vetiver is also in the mix and its earthy tone is an asset from the heart accord onward.

Sillage is acceptable and longevity is approximately 4 hours on me before it morphs into a skin scent. This leans slightly masculine, but only slightly and my opinion is that women could pull this off with hardly any effort. Thumbs up from Aromi for Boss Bottled and a sample wear ( as always ) is recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited