Odin 01 Sunda / Nomad

Juniper Berries, Himalayan Cedarwood, Bergamot.
Palmarosa, Spicy Black Pepper, Heliotrope.
Tonka Bean, West Indian Sandalwood, Grey Musk.

Odin's Nomad ( renamed Sunda ) is a very tricky fragrance for me to lend an opinion on. There's something about the overall aroma I like. I also become weary of it after 15 minutes or so. I enjoy it more than I dislike it, but Mrs. Aromi hates it. She says it smells likes a sweaty, jacket lining.

Personally, I don't experience what she does. I will admit that there's a subtle, perspiration quality to Sunda and that's why I mentioned my wife's description. To me, it's not malevolent and I'm reminded of that same aspect in Michael Kors for Men. No, they don't smell the same, but they have a similar feel.

Odin 01 Sunda employs on my skin already unfolded. Everything I smell from the opening remains throughout the life of the scent with only the volume of certain notes fluctuating. Juniperberry, citrus, spicy florals and an undercurrent of tonka- musk is evident immediately on me. The palmarosa and heliotrope are strange bedfellows here. These two cause me to like Sunda and  to grow weary of it as well.

The woodiness in Sunda materializes at a lower volume than the rest of the players. Well, at least on me they do. Tuned especially low is the sandalwood, but the cedar is empowered enough to contribute in a positive way. It's more of a musky wood than conventional cedar and once the musk merges with the floral components, it manages to perpetuate the perspiration quality I already mentioned. I have to say again that there's nothing funky or negative about it. It's almost as if Sunda has the ability to work up a good, clean lather.

A commendable attribute of Sunda is that is wears dense and substantial without giving off much projection. Up close, you can detect its richness and smells very full. Qualities like this are wonderful if there are concerns of bothering others who may be close by with your scent.

Reviewing Odin 01 Sunda was one of the more difficult wearings as of late. There are moments when I like it immensely and then find myself tiring of it as the scent moves along its merry way.

Sillage is moderate, but longevity is surprisingly good. Since I'm stuck in an undecided state, a neutral rating is in order and with the recommendation that Sunda really should be tried so you can decide for yourselves. You may hate it......or you may love it. The worse case scenario is that it leaves you in the state I am in.......and that isn't such a bad place after all............

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited