273 Indigo by Fred Hayman

Bergamot, Lavender, Green Notes, Sandalwood, Gaiac Wood, Musk.

When I first encountered this release years ago, I didn't think much of it. Indifferent is a more accurate description of my feelings toward 273 Indigo for Men.

Funny how we can come back to something and discover new things simply due to our own development. It's safe to say I smell and interpret things differently than I used to. It's not a huge leap, but the ability to employ tolerance by simply implementing numerous wearings before deciding has been enormously helpful.

For myself, I have noticed in recent wearings that 273 Indigo erupts out of the bottle fully interactive. It's very dense, developed and the only change on the horizon is the fragrance settling down its presence.

For a fairly recent release ( I believe 2003 ), 273 Indigo is reminiscent of an earlier time. No, it's not a dated beast. In actuality, this is a rather solid fragrance that is most assuredly a woody musk. It's uncomplicated for sure and wears substantial enough to be a cool to cold weather scent.

I can't help but think this would be a very economical work rotation frag for wintertime. I enjoy the sandal and gaiac in this and it's intertwined with musk from the onset. The feel is heavy, but not overpowering by any means. The opening accord unravels as quickly as Floyd Mayweather shooting a straight right hand. Now you see it and now you don't. The top is tuned very low, but does contribute something the woody musk can build upon. It just so happens 273 Indigo builds very quickly.

While it's true that, what we have here is simple and a bit retro, I think 273 Indigo is a viable scent and in these times I wouldn't blink an eye if I smelled this on the female persuasion. As a matter of fact, I believe I would like it if I did. What could be un-feminine about musk and wood?

Sillage is acceptable and stays substantial once it evolves into a  personal space fragrance. Longevity is also no problem as I get 5 hours plus on my skin. Thumbs up from Aromi for this good, bang for the buck scent, courtesy of Fred Hayman.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited