Beyond Paradise by Estee Lauder

Blue Hyacinth, Orange Blossom, Berry, Bergamot, Lemon, Grapefruit.
Orchid, Gardenia, Pink Honeysuckle, Jasmine.
Hibiscus, Plum Flower, Ambrette Seed.

God only knows the actual notes listed in Beyond Paradise. The accords are different depending upon where you research it. In truth, it doesn't really matter, but the inconsistency of it all bothers me a bit. After all, is the "recipe" top secret or is the misinformation a tactic of sorts? I could understand if the scent was groundbreaking or destined to become a classic.........

Nevertheless, what counts is the totality of Lauder's Beyond Paradise. Upon application, I'm greeted with a semi-caustic accord that suggests a floral array encapsulated in a "classic" delivery. It's borderline cloying and depending upon the amount, it could easily impose.

I find the introduction screechy and a bit pungent. The floral notes smell synthetic to a fault and if this was music, I'd ask the soundman to roll off the Treble a few notches.

Not often do I bring up the aroma of cleaning product or aerosol, but I'm reminded of it here. I read perfume reviews like you are reading mine now and I do come across that comparison more often than I'd like. Rarely do I get the same impression, but I do with Beyond Paradise.

Gratefully, everything settles down enough for me to continue with the samplings, but it takes about 15 minutes before I can honestly tolerate what's on my skin. The scent does improve the longer it evolves, but there's nowhere in the transitions that I don't find it mildly grating. This is simply one of the fragrances that I will never appreciate, let alone learn to love.

The base and drydown continue to propel the synthetically sweet aura, albeit it at a lower presence. Sillage is very good and longevity ( as you would expect ) is excellent. I can't even muster a neutral for this Lauder release, so a resounding thumbs down from Aromi is in order.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited