Domain by Mary Kay

Macintosh Apple, Desert Sage.
Juniper Berry, Ice Mint.
Black Vanilla Bean, Musk.

I've worn Domain by Mary Kay enough times now to confidently state that I really don't like this scent. I will say however that I have warmed up to it "some" since my first wearing.

The opening of Domain is aromatic and spicy. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a fougere, but it is closer to the fern family than anything else I can think of.

The "Apple" rendition is rather generic and commonplace in today's offerings. It's not a bad version, just uneventful and done to death the last 10 years. It's overshadowed, after a few minutes, by the  Sage and Juniper Berry. So, the salutation of Domain is a mundane suggestion of fruit accented by herbs, subtle spices and the insinuation of wood.

I feel compelled to state again that Domain isn't a bad scent. It simply does nothing for me and the overall aroma isn't exactly something I want to smell of for hours on end. It boils down to a matter of taste I suppose.

From the opening of aromatics and spice to the subtle unveiling of Musk in the base and drydown, Domain remains dry and dusty like the desert on my skin. The feel is "sparse" and sans any frills. It also unravels in a linear fashion, so even the term "unravel" is inappropriate. It changes little from initial application and if what you experience in the beginning isn't to your liking, then chances are you aren't going to enjoy the rest of the ride.

Sillage is average and longevity is approximately 4 hours plus on me. A neutral rating from Aromi for Domain by Mary Kay Cosmetics. As always, a sample wear is highly recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited