Jessica McClintock

Black Currant Buds, Bergamot, Basil, Ylang Ylang, Cassia, Lemon.
Rose, White Jasmine, Muguet.
Musk, Wood.

After wearing Jessica McClintock a few times, I fear it falls into the nether region designated for forgettable fragrances that are missing that certain "something".

In fairness, this is a pleasant enough feminine scent. For me however, it's simply too mundane and smells eerily similar to numerous bargain perfumes. Sure, there are plenty of good "bargain" scents. This smells and wears like one of them. I have a difficult time rousing any interest during my sample wearings.

I suppose that Jessica McClintock loses me after about 5 minutes into the life of the scent. It's here where that latex aroma begins to rear its head. It's no where near as pronounced as some, but it's "there" and I have a real thing for that smell. I'm persuaded to believe that it's the result of how Cassia, Ylang and Muguet are tuned and interact with one another.

The opening affords me Citrus and Lilly that tilt slightly green from Cassia. I can't say I experience any Basil or even a facsimile of Black Currant. For the most part, Jessica McClintock is all about Cassia and Muguet on my skin. They dominate and the green leaf-stem quality is present in all stages of development.

Rose and Jasmine? Not on me during my wearings, but perhaps others realize them in a subtle manner. I would have liked to experience them, since they could be partly responsible for what I deem to be "missing". They would have undoubtedly provided an enjoyable accent that is sorely needed here.

Wearing Jessica McClintock has left me wanting. I'm grateful that it's not necessarily in a bad way. Pensive may be a more accurate term. The note implementation could have taken this in a superior direction, but it's simply not to be. The listed "wood" note isn't recognizable to me as such, but I do get an earth tone in the base and drydown. Even the musk is more of a suggestion than an experience.

On the flip side however, as innocuous as I find this fragrance, it may perform well if one wanted to wear something light, but noticeable and completely inoffensive. Office wear perhaps, or if you have a psychic epiphany that, on a certain day, you will find yourself stuck in the corporate elevator with Bobby Joe George the Janitor. Just make sure you bring an atomizer that day.......

Sillage is average and longevity is approximately 4 hours tops on me. A big, neutral rating from Aromi for Jessica McClintock. As always, a sample wear is highly recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited