Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio for Men

Aldehyde, Bergamot, Fruit note, Orange, Pimento.
Carnation, Cedar, Cinnamon, Orris, Patchouli, Rose, Sandalwood.
Amber, Benzoin, Honey, Moss, Musk, Tonka bean and Vanilla.

This review is of the reformulated version. What stands out to me from the initial blast ( and blast is what you get ) is the standout Carnation and Patchouli duo. The opening is citric-aldehyde with an already rising carnation and patchouli. There's a shadowy orange in here as well and the feel is very unique, powerful and with a definitive nod to the 1980's.
Yes, it will be "dated" to some due to the tuning of certain notes and the power this still has. Giorgio for Men is not something you wear when the goal is to blend into the woodwork. Quite the opposite result will transpire.

The opening lasts about 10 minutes on my skin before settling down in volume and projection. By this time, the patchouli is at the fore and accented by carnation and what I can only assume is the ambiguous "fruit note".

The heart of Giorgio for Men isn't much different. I will say it lasts a good amount of time and when there is a transition, it's simply an addition of subtle spice and earthy tones. The woods aren't pronounced in any part of the development. They assist with some gravity, but by this time, earth tones and patchouli are the stars here. The cedar and sandal have no need to be loud in this fragrance. I applaud the tuning of them because this would be much too busy a fragrance otherwise.

The drydown of Giorgio for Men takes hours on my skin. I can't even imagine the original formula ( of which I have never smelled) as I am persuaded that it's a more "in your face" creation. This rendition is plenty loud for me. Once the drydown finally arrives, the "blueprint" of Giorgio is still working its magic and is softened just a bit from the addition of an oriental outro. There's a slight resinous quality in the mix, but it never gets noticeably mossy or musky to me.
I like vintage formulas most of the time when compared to current renditions. In Giorgio for Men however, I have no inclination to seek out and purchase the original formula. It may be too much of a good thing and this one is good enough.

Sillage is impressive and longevity is an entire work shift. Big thumbs up from Aromi for Giorgio for Men and the floral patchouli madness.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited