Le Labo Rose #31

Rose #31 is an Eau de Parfum concentration, yet I don't find it has the projection of your garden variety EDP. It's sillage and longevity is acceptable however, but price point must be a deciding factor for a scent that is $2 plus per ml.

With that said, Rose #31 is a masculine version that opens with rose, a hint of cumin, pepper, clove and nutmeg. These accompanying spices are well proportioned and only accent the rose note. I am a fan of rose and have a proclivity for the dark variety. This particular rose is shades lighter, but very good and very masculine.

The scent transitions smoothly into a woody accord and I get a nutty vetiver note in the background which is very pleasing. A wispy green floats in and out precursing a soft amber. I cannot perceive the listed oud and I am grateful for that. If it is in fact in there, it's buried fairly deep and I find Rose #31 does not need a prominent oud note to succeed. The rest of the players are more than enough to make this a winner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited