Montale Attar

Montale's Attar is a simple formula of Oud, Rose and Sandalwood. To me, Attar is a masculine rendition and the only Montale I own.

Please don't take that as an affront on Montale. If anything, it's a compliment to Attar since I'm not an aficionado of the note. Oud and I have had our differences, but in the process of skirmishing with each other, I have inadvertently stumbled upon a few that work wondrously for me.

If I have a problem at all with the house of Montale, it's the seemingly endless tweaking of the same thing released in a slightly different bottle and a different name. On the other hand, I'm quite sure I'm guilty of liking and buying numerous "Classics" that follow a similar script.

With that said, Montale's Attar is a more streamlined attempt at rose. Toned down is the astronomic sillage and legendary longevity. Attar still smells dense and substantial, but this one isn't of the "otherworldly" variety.

I prefer this approach. Besides the aroma, this is the reason Attar was a purchase. I love when a fragrance lasts, but damn if I need it to last 24 plus hours and leach into my attire. That is a bit much for me.

The rose in Attar is a purgatory rose. It's caught between moist and dry, but it's an awesome rendition in spite of its linear condition. It takes quite some time for the sandal to come to fruition, but it's been underneath holding up the fort the entire time. The sillage and longevity are extremely acceptable and I recommend this to anyone looking for a masculine rose that can be worn with complete confidence. Big thumbs up from Aromi for Montale's Attar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited