Serge Lutens Daim Blond

Sheldrake is the nose for White Suede. Marketed as a shared fragrance, it leans toward feminine to me.

I was somewhat disappointed with the strength of Daim Blond since it's advertised as a Haute. I expected it to be more substantial, however on a woman looking for a subtle projection, this should be an appropriate volume, due to the nature of the scent. This is smooth as you would envision suede to be and it is an unusual take on leather.

Daim Blond, on every occasion, is linear on my skin. The lack of development isn't so much an indictment as it is a disappointment for a fragrance in this price range. The scent overall is unique, yet uninspiring. There also happens to be what I can only coin as a "tennis shoe" aroma that seems to come and go. I believe I can lay this on the doorstep of blending cardamon, apricot and iris. The cardamon, musk and heliotrope are accounted for, but all the notes seemed to be present from the initial spray. I cannot justify almost $3 per ml that Daim Blond commands.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited