Amouage Ubar

I have sampled this 1995 floral release from Amouage at least 3 times now. I have concluded that I would truly enjoy smelling this scent on a woman. There's an edginess here that is alluring and there's just enough of it to keep it interesting.

Quite a few floral creations have a way of lulling me to sleep. That doesn't mean they're not good......just unremarkable. They are either too soft with no grit or overpowering. I appreciate a floral that has other components vying for the spotlight as well.

Ubar is a rose dominant release that is extremely well blended with civet and vanilla. The opening of citrus isn't bold on me. It's combined with muguet and that seems to restrain the manifold rose notes from going postal. A deft touch is used here and I think it is very well executed. I either love a rose accord or find it unsettling....depending on its volume. The triumvirate of rose implemented in Ubar is rich, deep and in balance with everything else utilized in this composition.

The base accord is simplistic and effective also. The civet lends an acceptable animalic texture with a hint of fruit and it arrives before the vanilla does. There's also a very wispy wood note deep into the drydown. These 3 players are a fitting finale to a very well made rose fragrance that's not your typical....well....rose fragrance.

If you have an affinity for rose and appreciate well made scents, you owe it to yourself to sample wear Ubar. I find it an excellent wear and enjoy how it smells on me. I know I would love it on the female persuasion.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited