Guerlain's Iris Ganache

I'll say one thing about Guerlain; they know how to do seamless accords and produce exceptionally smooth scents. Iris Ganache doesn't deviate from this pattern and puts iris front and center stage with this rendition.

The past few years has seen iris getting some recognition as a theme note from quite a few houses. I cannot say I like iris enough to build a creation around it, but Guerlain has chosen to do so and the result is Iris Ganache.

There are some interesting notes used in this fragrance, but it comes off on me pleasantly floral with intermittent vanilla and musk weaving in and out. For a very short period, I did think I smelled a wispy chocolate note, but it's fleeting and I cannot say for sure. The iris is the star player here and manages to constrain the listed amber and patchouli. It even usurps the cedar note....and I was hoping this note would come to fruition. A woody patch accord would have leveled the playing field somewhat and transformed this into a shared fragrance......but....to no avail. It stays feminine through the accords and after all, it is categorized as a feminine scent.

Iris Ganache doesn't possess much transitional movement, but it still is a pleasant floral wear that is very smooth and well made. I have come to expect THAT from Guerlain, yet this scent stills falls a little short of the mark for me. I guess a positive-neutral rating would be in order for this creation after my sample wearing. I conclude that rating is fair since I would feel the same way smelling this on the feminine persuasion.

Comments

  1. I think I have a sample/decant of this... so I'll have to give it a sniff!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited