Il Mondi Odore Perfume Reviews

Il Mondi Odore Perfume Reviews

Friday, August 20, 2010

Halston 1-12

I feel retro today after reading various posts on basenotes; especially about Halston's new release and it made me grab my bottle of 1-12 and spritz away.

I actually sprayed Z-14 as well on my other hand simply to compare. These are both released the same year ( 1976) and the first thing I noticed about both were that, as economical as they currently are, they are truly well made masculines that deserve more respect than they get.

For me, 1-12 is a little more laid back than Z-14 and seems to perform better in warmer temps. 1-12 is chock full of goodies that current releases don't ( or can't) implement. Look at the accords.......

Top : Basil Oil, Bergamot Oil, Galbanum, Green Note, Lemon, Mandarin

Heart : Carnation, Jasmin, Juniperberry, Lavender, Pine Needle

Base : Amber, Cedarwood Oil, Labdanum, Moss, Musk, Oilbanum, Tonka, Vanilla

1-12 smells as good as the accords look. This 1976 offering is at a lower volume than say releases a few years down the road in the excessive 80's. This is polite, rich smelling and has nice sillage and longevity. Nothing over-the-top here folks.......just manly smelling juice that has found its way into the "Rodney Dangerfield" bin of no respect fragrances.

1-12 is very smooth with the right amount of spice. The borderline green aroma compliments the citric accord very well and even the woody-floral arrangement is balanced. The base is a subtle woody-oriental that finishes with a skin scent mossy musk. All in all.....a terrific bottle of juice for peanuts at your local TJMAXX.

Since doing this review, I enjoyed smelling this so much that I will wear this today as my SOTD. Now, I am off to the mall to see if they have any of the new Halston Man available for testing.......

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aromi.., do you think the male Halston (12 or 14) could be pulled off by a woman? And another question - what did you do with Sheherezade perfume bottles? Don't you consider to sell them? ;-)
    Thank you

    (Alica - Alicka61 at BN and Alicka at MUA)
    alica@cleis.net

    ReplyDelete