Elsha 1776

I believe this fragrance used to be called 1776 Russian Leather, but I may be mistaken. Presently, it's simply called 1776.

What I first noticed about  1776 was it opened similar to Jovan Sex Appeal. 1776 is sweeter and sans any soapiness, but they remain close relatives. 1776 is as economical as the Jovan, but to me, 1776 is the superior creation. I have and like Sex Appeal for Men, but had I smelled this first, the Elsha would be in my drobe instead.

With that said, I could find no listed accords for 1776. So, after multiple wearings, I dissected this cologne as much as possible. I don't normally enjoy colognes much, but this one is too good not to. 1776 opens on me with a citrus, clove and cinnamon trifecta. This is spicy like you would find in Sex Appeal and KL Homme. Most people either like or eschew a combination such as this. I am in the "like" camp.

After a few minutes, a birch-like note along with pepper, cedar and what I believe is fern emerge to join the  clove and cinnamon duo. Citrus is no longer in the picture and was very fleeting, even for a topnote. The drydown takes quite awhile, but when it appears, a subtle, musky amber and leather take the baton. The entire wearing lasts a few hours and the cologne vibe never disappears, but that never seemed to bother me throughout the sampling. 1776 is just sweet enough.....and just good enough....to be enough for me.

For the price point ( $38.00 for 8 ounces ), this is a very pleasurable masculine that is more spicy-wood than leathery. This would work pretty good in very casual situations when you simply want to smell manly for a great price. Thumbs up from Aromi for Elsha's 1776.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited