Sensation d'Alain Delon

From what I can gather, Sensation d'Alain Delon was introduced in 1993 as an Eau de Toilette. Trying to find information on this scent was like trying to find Bin Laden.

One reason this perplexes me is because Delon is relatively well known and documented. The other reason is because this feminine scent smells pretty damn good. I have never heard it discussed on the boards and searches there availed me nothing as well.

Let me start by saying that this is from the 1990's and is constructed as such. The accords are a mystery to me, but the few players that star in Sensation d'Alain Delon are fairly obvious to my nose. Mrs. Aromi caught a whiff of this as I was sampling it and gave it an immediate thumbs up. It's only fair to tell you that she is partial to rose, so naturally she either likes it or doesn't hate it. I deliberately remain impartial because I have to.

Sensation is a combination of aldehydes, rose, jasmine, tuberose and what I believe is carnation. I'm quite sure there's more guests in the mix, but they are the silent majority. The floral notes dominate the entire composition even into the drydown. I cannot detect wood, patch or vetiver, but that doesn't exclude them necessarily. Whatever is in the base accord is steamrolled by the floral array, but what I haven't said is that this fragrance is a very good jasmin/tuberose concoction. It's on the dry, soft side like you would expect from petals that have lost their moisture. It's not subtle....just a softened rendition.

I waited during the extended drydown for other culprits to arrive, but only a subtle resin joins in. If I can't smell or detect them, then it's safe to say that I'm not missing them. Sensation d'Alain Delon worked very well with just a few mists rather than direct sprays. This is one strong EDT and I'd be hard pressed to imagine a parfum rendition. It's muscular like fragrances were back then, so instead of that being a detriment, simply apply it with a little imagination and a light touch. The fragrance may just touch you in return.

Thumbs up from Aromi for Sensation d'Alain Delon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Silver by Etienne Aigner