Nicolai Pour Homme by Parfums de Nicolai

When I initially applied Nicolai Pour Homme, I kept thinking "where have I smelled this before"? As the wearing continued, that line of thought continued and in subsequent wearings as well. I still haven't put my finger on it, but I have worn another masculine that is very similar. I simply cannot recall what it was.

No matter. This house is one that, for some reason or another, I never explored like I would have wanted to. There is just so much out there that a person in this hobby cannot possibly keep up with the releases regardless of whether or not they are new or old. I find it numerically and economically impossible.

Overall, Nicolai Pour Homme is a pleasing masculine scent. There's nothing groundbreaking here. It's on the dense side and very smooth. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a heavy scent, but it's on the cusp of being one. NPH opens with a listed Galbanum, Mint and Lentisc. The galbanum and mint is a well done rendition. It doesn't come off aromatic or too green and the mint is extremely well behaved. Mint can easily be an unruly note, but not here.

Lavender, jasmin and geranium make up the heart accord and these too are on the conservative side. I attribute this to excellent blending since they become one entity rather than jostling for the limelight individually.  This is technically a fougere that doesn't smell like one. If I had to call this anything, it would be a woody-floral fougere. The base has moss and tobacco, amber, cedar, benzoin and labdanum.

The drydown is a softened version of what transpires in the heart accord. The labdanum and moss ever so slowly come to fruition with a dash of tabac that adds a subtle, masculine touch. I cannot say I realize cedar as such, but the accord is woody and very good. Pour Homme is a substantial masculine that has gravity yet never yells its own name. A pretty neat trick if you ask me, but don't take my word for it.

Sample this for yourself. It's hard not to like and has an elegance missing in numerous masculine scents. Thumbs up from Aromi for Nicolai Pour Homme.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited