Feminite du Bois by Shiseido

I recently scored a mini of this along with Basara on evilbay. I really pulled the trigger for the Basara/Basala since it's one of my favorites. The reviews on FdB however had my interest piqued.

Let's just say that there's no mistaking this for anything but a Lutens. I find the thumbprint unmistakably Serge. In spite of my history with Lutens per se  this is a good fragrance. A few of the notes are predominant throughout the life of the scent, yet there is a multitude of other players.

This release is from 1992 ( I believe) and today this would be marketed as "shared" and probably don a different name. Chene seems to be from the same genre as this except it is woodier than FdB. I find this Shiseido very wearable and wonder what it would smell like layered with Chene. No matter, Feminite du Bois spotlights hints of peach, plum, cinnamon and clove overlaid on a subtle bed of cedar. Only in the extended drydown do I take note of soft spoken vanilla and a hint of muskiness.

The volume is lower than current Lutens, but FdB doesn't suffer from this. No, it's actually a positive. The color of the bottle and box is also very appropriate, because if I had to choose a color to describe this fragrance, it would be purple. This is still substantial and full smelling, just at a polite volume.

Thumbs up from Aromi for an extremely well done fragrance by my fragrance nemesis....The Serge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Silver by Etienne Aigner