Luctor et Emergo by The People of the Labrinths

For the first 5 minutes or possibly a little longer, I kept getting a putty smell that was soaked in Maraschino juice. I say putty since, as a youth, I was a plumber's apprentice for at least 5 years and we used putty for assorted tasks by the tubful. I will never forget that smell.

Now, I cannot claim that it ever leaves completely because on my skin, it does not. It does dissipate after the opening volley and isn't near as prominent. The same can be said for the Maraschino trait. It's a weird but likable aroma. I have come across a few other sample wearings over the years that had this putty note, so I don't want anyone to think that this is something unique or that something is amiss.

Lusciouscargo has the notes listed as : Fresh grasses, white flowers, incenses, vanilla, almond and cherry.

LS has the notes listed as : Precious woods, vanilla, fresh grasses, white florals and dozens they can't name.

As I read the short list of notes for Luctor et Emergo, I wonder if they didn't use opoponax and tolu balsam in this. The vanilla rendition, which becomes very apparent, has some incense qualities and some exotic spiciness with confectionary overtones. It's got a little teeth and I like it quite a bit. It's more sweet than foody, but it does hover near gourmand territory.

I get whiffs of soft florals that come and go, but mostly the initial 15 minutes affords me this. I tried multiple times to identify what they might be, but I came away no wiser. The accord is nice, albeit fleeting and I wish it stuck around longer. Once the drydown arrives, Luctor et Emergo has developed into a spicy, vanilla incense that's a bit resiny.

Luctor et Emergo lasts quite a long time on my skin and a little goes a long way. The sillage is also commendable, so be advised that this one is no wallflower. This is one of the more eclectic renditions of traditional you will come across. To be precise, the drydown is a good, conventional base while the opening and heart are off the beaten path a bit.

Do I like Luctor et Emergo? Yea, I do......putty and all with a cherry on top. Thumbs up from Aromi for The People of the Labrinths and their Luctor et Emergo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited