Nasomatto Pardon

I recently reviewed Black Afgano and stated its similarities to Sonoma Scent Studio's Champagne de Bois. I have been wearing Nasomatto Pardon today and the first thing that hit me ( once again ) was the similarity between it and Sonoma's Sienna Musk.

Rather than expounding on this, allow me to say that a side by side is in order by all interested hobbyists. Since I find them related, this is the best way I can think of to choose the worthiest offering. Now, on to Pardon.........

LS has the listed notes as : Oud, Magnolia, Chocolate, Tonka Bean, Cinnamon and Sandalwood.

I don't get a conventional oud accord in Pardon. What I do get is a thick, enveloping woody of the dark variety with hints of spice and unsweetened chocolate. The scent is full bodied, very rich and possesses the same denseness as Laurie Erickson's creations. This is an extrait and there's no doubt a little goes a long way. The "oud" isn't medicinal, but the wood rendition is slightly resinous.

Pardon stays exactly this way on my skin longer than a parolee has time to squeeze in a conjugal visit on a weekend furlough. When the drydown finally decides to arrive, the spicy cinnamon has sweetened some and subtle wood takes the baton from its darker brother. The longevity is yet another thing this has in common with SSS. It's otherworldly.

Pardon isn't complicated. It is pretty terrific however and manages to remain stygian without any signs of gloominess for the entire life of the scent. It's more blackish-brown than Sienna Musk, but they remind me of siblings separated at birth. Since I love and own Sienna, it stands to reason I love this scent as well.

Thumbs up from Aromi for Nasomatto's Pardon. A side by side really should be done if possible since Sienna Musk is just as good, very similar and costs approximately one third the price.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited