Dirty English for Men by Juicy Couture

Mandarin, Blue Cypress, Bergamot, Carrot Seed.
Marjoram, Black Leather.
Ebony, Amber, Musk, Cardamom, Sandalwood, Atlas Cedar, Vetiver Root, Agarwood, Black Moss.

When Dirty English was released in 2008, I sampled it a few times and then posted a review. I cannot recall how I perceived it because I misplaced my initial opinion of it in cyberspace somewhere. I do remember liking it to a certain degree, but I'm certain my perceptions of all fragrances have evolved somewhat since then. I have had a bottle for a few years now and keep it in rotation for the cooler months.

Dirty English for Men is funky. A good funky to be more accurate. Even though the agarwood doesn't come to fruition until about 5 minutes in and has dissipated by drydown, it is responsible for the funkataneous combustion that breathes life into the soul of this scent.

I've smelled this rendition before, only stronger in other agarwood fragrances. Dirty English isn't an agarwood scent however. The heart and base are accented with it, but not permeated with it. In combination with the woods, leather and musk, it brings an edginess to the table that's uncommon for releases these days. It also seems to polarize.

The citric-woody opening is actually very good. It's robust and within a minute or two, an undercurrent of eclectic leather appears and with it some mild herb. Slowly but surely, this accord brings forth a well behaved agarwood note and these become the very essence of Dirty English.

Once the base and drydown arrive, Dirty English remains funky, but has settled down into a pocket of woody musk and earth tones. This is the logical continuation and while not as rambunctious as its beginning, Dirty English manages to retain its edge.

Sillage is average and longevity is 5 hours plus on my skin. It wears close after a few hours, but still has definitive substance.

Thumbs up from Aromi for Juicy Couture and the much maligned Dirty English for Men. A sample wear is definitely recommended.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited