Nuit de Cellophane by Serge Lutens

Green Note, Fruit Note, Jasmine, Osmanthus, Carnation, Lily, Muscs, Almond, Wood, Honey.

After wearing this a few times, I've concluded that Nuit de Cellophane smells pleasant, but it opens like a hair care product. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but I'm certain I've used a shampoo that is strikingly similar. I'm not one to use the same hair cleanser repeatedly, but I remember the aroma it left after rinsing and Nuit de Cellophane nails it.

I didn't bring that up to denigrate the fragrance. This is a clean floral woody, but I cannot help the association with shampoo. I wish I could remember which one it was. Regardless, Nuit de Cellophane resembles it in the opening and heart accords before morphing just enough to separate itself from that comparison.

There are worse things ( for sure ) than smelling like you just finished washing your follicles for a short while. Nuit de Cellophane begins to transition away from this after about 15 minutes. The Carnation and Musk emerge to give this an edge and steer it toward a more sensual and substantial direction.

During the base accord, Nuit de Cellophane reveals some very mild spice and the suggestion of subtle fruit to compliment the Carnation, lucid Jasmine and Musk. It's in this stage of development that Nuit de Cellophane becomes a rather beautiful floral fragrance that leans heavily feminine.

This particular scent is very interesting. The transition from where it began to where it is taking you is noticeable. While the beginning may or may not be your cup of tea, it's still very pleasant and easy to wear. It's destination is better yet and I say that because there's nothing more disappointing than wearing a scent that opens without the wow factor and then develops even less appealing.

Nuit de Cellophane "becomes" a feminine floral woody that I find attractive. I don't consider it a great fragrance overall, but good is good enough. The drydown is extremely enjoyable and is the best stage of the wearings in my honest opinion.

Sillage is good and longevity for Nuit de Cellophane is approximately 5 hours on my skin with more as a close scent. Thumbs up from Aromi for the Serge and a sample wear is definitely recommended.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited