Legend by Michael Jordan

Bergamot, Lavender, Anise, Green Tea, Leather, White Patchouli, Moss, Coffee, Cedar, Amber, Musk.

Only recently did I have the opportunity to wear Legend by Michael Jordan. A co-worker who knows I'm in the hobby brought some in to work to ask me what I thought of it. After spraying some on my hand and before it even had a chance to develop, I thought it was rather interesting. I told him so and after discussing fragrances for 10 minutes or so, we parted company. It was after 30 minutes or so that I really started liking this scent. The "coffee" note realizes in the base and drydown and while not a realistic representative, it was still pleasant enough for me to come home after work and pull the trigger on a bottle. It's more confectionery on my skin than "coffee", but good nonetheless.

I suppose my own personal prejudices with celebrity scents ( as a whole ) would have kept me from ever sampling Legend; let alone finding myself buying a bottle. It was only because someone handed me some and asked me to try it. I never expected to like it even while I applied it to my skin, but as life would have it, there are surprises around numerous corners.

The opening of Legend is pretty good and much better than that when you consider that I paid $21.00 for 100ml. NIB shipped. You can smell the citrus and lavender accented with a subtle licorice and tea. The tea note becomes more prominent a few minutes into the wearing, while the licorice-like aroma subsides. It's a pretty nice rendition of the black variety. A few minutes more and the slow onset of an almost edible patchouli comes to fruition. This particular ratio of patchouli, amber and musk make for an entertaining aroma and it's this that sold me on Legend.


I suppose like it's namesake Michael Jordan, Legend can be counted on to perform late in the game when you need it to. Instead of a rookie folding like a house of cards under pressure, Legend is money under the gun.

After a few, full wearings of this fragrance, I'm extremely satisfied. It worked very well in the heat and will make a terrific addition to my work rotation. It's not exactly gourmand, but you could say it's "gourmandish". The resinous texture in the drydown is especially welcome and I keep thinking there's a low key vanilla in the mix along with the musky amber.

Legend by Michael Jordan is anything but a sports fragrance. It seems to have great potential for cool weather wearings and I'll be sure to choose it once the temperatures drop. Sillage is moderate and longevity is very good considering this is marketed as a cologne spray. Thumbs up from Aromi for this under the radar star hitting shots from the top of the key.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited